Wednesday 9 March 2011

An old friend??

So there was Oi, stranded in the middle of the High Street, quite uncertain of where to go, but with money in moi paw. Oi decided to take a walk down the High Street and see if there are any shops selling tasty invertebrates, or objects of a shoiny nature. Oi hadn't got far when Oi felt a tap on moi shoulder. Oi turned round to see a large, furry and not very friendly face staring down at me. Oi looked at him for a few moments, unable to believe moi eyes. But there he was large as loife and twice as ugly - Vladimir the Russian Bear. (We have had a number of unpleasant exchanges in the past. As a former employee of the Soviet Union, Vladimir resorted to somewhat unusual business methods, many of which resulted in narrow escapes for yours truly).

For a few moments Oi didn't know whether to run or talk moi way out of the situation with moi legendary charm. As Oi was laden down with this gurt heavy Russian Banjo, Oi decided on the latter. "Well, what a pleasure to see 'ee after all these years", Oi said, smiling winningly. "Never mind that, Tovarich Mole", said Vladimir, "I think you know what I have come for".
"Not for poor little me?", Oi gibbered.
"No, you foolish insectivore", he replied, " You took my instrument from my courier. Now you must return it".
"What instrument", Oi said, hiding the suspiciously shaped case behind my back. But it was too late, and I had to hand it over. It turned out that Vladimir is now a member of a Russian Folk Music and Dance Ensemble and had arranged for the group's instruments to be sent on ahead. As I had returned without too much of a struggle, he invited me to witness an impromptu performance. All I had to do was meet him at the King George Bar later that night.

I suppose those initials should have been a warning...

No comments:

Post a Comment